It all began in 1862, when Louis Ernest Ladurée, a miller from France’s southwest, created a bakery at 16 rue Royale in Paris.
In 1871, while Baron Haussmann was giving Paris a ‘‘new face’’, a fire made access to the transformation of the bakery to a pastry shop.
In 1997, a new prestigious Ladurée address both a restaurant and tea room opened on the Champs-Elysées.
The mission of the president David Holder is thus to bring back the great classics that have contributed to the reputation of this ‘salon de thé’, as well as create an environment for gastronomic creativity in Paris.
With him, Ladurée will be tea salon, pastry shop, restaurant, chocolate shop and ice cream parlor.
And now look at the things Ladurée sells in the beautiful boutiques: